Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Final Project Timeline

I think I have a plan that will allow me to get this all done in two weeks. I just need to put in the work. I need to use all my class and lunch time to make sure I get at least one good song recorded that can be used as an example in the final product. I recorded a drumline and outro today, and I'm super stoked about it. After school I can get the interviews I need from random people around town. I should take just one day to get some words from people here at school. It might be a good idea to get some words from Sugano and the band teacher. I might even ask Sugano to let me capture portions of his guitar class and music production class on video. The blog can be created and designed in two hours' time, probably less. I might do that after posting this to my course blog. I can take 15 minutes after this to think out some good questions to ask at school and on the road tomorrow. Once I have all that, I can finish editing the presentation together. That can be done in a night. I might need to spend an hour tonight planning text for the presentation and figuring out what music to use. "Pick up a Guitar! Save the Music!" is a sort of movement against the awful "music" being played on our radio stations, and against the diminishing number of music and all art programs in schools. When pirate radio tells me they play all the greatest classic rock hits, I do NOT want to hear Taylor Swift. Unfortunately, that's the world we live in. I think if I can show people how easy it is to pick up a guitar and start learning on their own, it might encourage people to make music and stomp out the noise pollution. It's just something fun to do, and it stimulates the mind in a way that formal education doesn't. It makes people happier; I've seen it. I think I'm rambling a bit now. I'll leave the rest to be seen. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment