Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Final Project Progress

My project is coming along nicely so far. I've decided to title it, "Pick Up a Guitar. Save the Music". I've already shot some footage for the final presentation, and written three songs since last week, hopefully one of which will be recorded in time to make it onto the final presentation. I still have some footage to shoot, and I have to get at least one of my songs recorded. Then, I have to put the presentation together, and that's a one night job. I can get the footage I need in two days. I should use all my class time to work on recording my song, since I won't have access to the recording equipment after the two weeks is up. I'm sure I can do it. I'm also considering creating a blog to go along with this...movement? Depending on how well the rest of the shooting process goes, and if I can get other people to follow through. I just want to show people how easy it can be to just pick up a guitar or whatever it may be and start learning. I think music is extremely important, and learning to play an instrument can be beneficial. Then there's the increasing number of art programs being cut in schools to make more room for remedial learning classes. Not to mention the awful music being produced these days. That's my opinion anyways. I thought it would be a nice idea to encourage people that share my opinion to do a little something about it. Learn to play, and make music that you like to listen to. I thought if people took it seriously, and after I show them how easy it can be after teaching a few chord progressions to a few different people, it would be cool to have a place where we could share our progress and keep in touch. That's something I'm really excited about. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment