Thursday, February 16, 2012

Reflecting on Today's Micro-AP Exam

I have to say that nothing about today's exam was easy or expected. I was feeling slightly optomistic about starting the two-part exam with a multiple choice section. What I wasn't expecting was a switch-a-roo and starting with the three fifteen-minute short essays instead. I find that I struggle most with timed essays. One forty minute essay is difficult enough for me. My three essays ended up as three big paragraphs, one for each.


The three questions were clearly different, but after rereading my answers with what little time I had left, I thought all of my answers were very similar. I don't know if that's because of the wording of the questions or because of the way I understood each question. (I'm thinking it was most likely ME). I tend to panic under pressure and doubt myself and become discouraged, (I know, I'm a repeat offender of the Ten Commandments) and that has a negative affect on my work. As painful as this was, though, I'm glad for the experience. I can customize a plan for myself that will help me improve on my weaknesses with essays. As the saying goes, "practice makes perfect", and I fully intend on challenging myself with more practice essays until, hopefully, a forty minute essay will seem like a breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment